Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Online Ordering from Aldo

I've been wanting some good quality, fashionable boots for some time now but for a variety of reasons I haven't had any success, that is, until my recent purchase from Aldo.  Just after Christmas I ordered 2 pairs of boots online, why online?  Well because frankly, I usually hate going to their stores, its just too damn busy.

These are the boots I ordered: the Doiley (1st pic) and the Pariente (2nd). Purdy hot, no?





Sizing - Now the problem with ordering online, and particularly with Aldo, is that you have to play the "guess your size" game. I'm usually at size 7.5, but annoyingly Aldo does not offer half sizes. So after doing some internet research (i.e. reading other people's Aldo reviews!) it seemed that Aldo fits small, so its better to go up rather than down a size (I later found out this wasn't the case!). 

Price - Each pair was only 83 bucks! Which is pretty darn good.  This price was because they were already in clearance and had an additional 30% off their clearance price tag. Nice! Shipping was free - sweet! I hate being gauged on shipping. 

Delivery - The boots arrived literally days later through UPS.  The only problem with the delivery was that when I placed my order I wasn't sure if it captured my whole address. My apt # was entered but not reflected in the final page of the order and I couldn't fix this despite going back several times.  Anyway, my good luck, I happened to be entering my building at the same time as the UPS guy! He said indeed there was no apartment number and it was lucky that I got my boots then because it might have taken an additional week for the boots to make their way to me (somehow?).

The Boots! - Right away I loved the Doiley's. What can I say, they looked great. Not super comfortable but I mean look at the heel on those things. The color was nice and the quality was good. (Although in looking at the pic above the brown is much much lighter than its displayed here and on their website.)  The Pariente on the other hand, looked bulky on my legs. Instead of creating a smooth line it was kinda lump and fat looking? From a size persective, both were 8's but the Pariente was big in both the calf and the shoe area, and the Doiley was just a touch big.  I decided to return the Pariente (because it was ugly not because it didn't fit!) and try on the Doiley at Aldo in a 7 to determine if I indeed had ordered the right size.

I phoned Aldo at the mall (I purposely went to a mall that is farther from my place but less busy) and asked if they had the Doiley in a 7 and they said they did.  The girl I spoke to was quite nice - but it did take like 5 rings for her to answer.  Oh oh... does that mean they're busy? I headed there anyway.

At Aldo - To my surprise and delight Aldo wasn't super overcrowded as usual.  There was probably 4 or 5 people in the store and this store was a little bigger than many of the other Aldo's I've been stuffed into previously.  I waited a minute at the counter before being helped and told her the situation regarding my 2 pairs of boots. She was very agreeable and I was glad because I felt like a bit of a pain with my requests. She took back the Pariente's no problem (money went back on my credit card) and then grabbed the Doiley 7's for me. When I asked for the Doiley's she was like "oh, were you the one who phoned?" hahah. "Yep that was me."  After trying on the Doiley's in a 7, they were TIGHT, but they looked better than the 8's and she informed me that because they were made from real leather they would stretch. Works for me. I went home with the 7's. So far I've worn them twice, they hurt a bit the first time but improved significantly the second time. And I wouldn't advise running in those heels! But they look awesome, my boyfriend thinks I look awesome, and I'm really happy with my purchase and the service at Aldo for that matter.

2 comments: