Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Air Miles Opinions – I’ll give you my opinion alright.

I’ve got a problem with this Airmiles Research program – see the email I sent them below which will explain.

"Hi,
When the airmiles opinion research started I was willing to participate in any survey that came my way, glad to offer my opinion in exchange for a few airmiles. However, since then I’ve completely changed my mind. The program seems to have changed from a legitimate exchange to an “information grab.” Upon starting a survey its expected one might have to answer a few questions to determine is one is “right” for the survey or not. This makes sense, but what doesn’t make sense is that the survey model has changed to front-load all the survey questions under a guise of determining if you’re right for the survey or not. The last survey I did said it was a 45 minute survey but offered a larger amount of airmiles as a reward, I started completing questions of all kinds about the beverages I drink and how often etc. But then after 30 minutes of completing questions, I was really getting bored with it and thinking about quiting but holding on, because I’d already committed and those airmiles were just so close now… then I get a message “Sorry we’ve met the target number of people for this survey.” Excuse me? You’ve just collected 30 minutes of data from me for free? This model is completely misleading, it is not only annoying but its unethical. Please do not allow these companies to abuse the system like this.


I will not be completing any more surveys until this is changed.
Thank-you."

I’m not the only one that’s noticed this. There’s people on their forum complaining about this as well.  If I get a response I'll be sure to post what it is.

8 comments:

  1. Same here ..totally misleading ..I will not partiicpate anymore

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's an absolute scam - had the same issue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had problems with Airmiles Opionions also, when I try to log-in it tells me my info. is invalid. When I try to enter to make a new password, it will not work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have had the same issue with Airmiles Opinions. It is a shame that Airmiles has partnership with such fishy companies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Opinions are all AirMiles is about anymore, I got an email yesterday offering 2 airmiles (currently worth about 22 cents) for completing a survey, IF, I qualify. And you're right, they're collecting a ton of data and then telling you they don't need you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. exactly the same issue as well - NOT getting the rewards for completed surveys. It's a scam and after numerous emails I still have not received 14 for a survey completed months ago. Is there somewhere to report them for false advertising??

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have had the same issue with Airmiles Opinions. After answering quite a few questions you get the message that they have met the target number of people for this survey. Then a message that another survey is available, but if you look very closely it is for no air miles. Total scam.

    ReplyDelete
  8. do you anticipate reaching the 300k threshold for the $500 Apple GC using cycling? Would love to know if it works, I'm trying the same thing.

    ReplyDelete